Dana Trac-Lok

rino351

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Golden, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
ok, I searched on this site, and came up with mixed results.
The Dana Trac-Lok for reverse rotation dana 35 all ratios ifs:
Will it work in first gens?
GJarrett says it won't, Jason 25 says it works, and another friend of mine says it will work.
I need a definite answer.
Thanks,
Ryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I had one in mine. :D

sweet, I think I'll order it then.

Detroit trutrack will fit a first gen reverse cut D35. Needs no friction modifier and has no clutches.

Yeah, the Trutac is a MUCH better LS. I would say spend the extra money and get that.

I have heard of that, but a friend of mine wasn't sure but saud they quit making them?
Where could I find one of those?

You could always check their website. I forget the address but do a search and you can find it.

I found it, but it is twice the cost of a Trac-Lok.
Is the Tru-Trac worth double the cost?

What kind of wheeling do you want to do? Do you have a locker/LS in back, or open?

I would like to be able to do some pretty serious stuff.
Right now, I'm open in the back, but have full intentions of putting a Detroit, Powertrax, etc back there.
I figured though, while I am regearing the front, might as well find a good LS-- I don't want a locker up front.

IMO Yes it is worth the extra money. If you get into deep water or mud, and frequently change the front diff fluid, no friction modifier is required. No clutches to wear out. Resale is also an option, I bought mine used.

Back