Date on Window Sticker keeps moving | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Date on Window Sticker keeps moving

kuee

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport
I have noticed that the date on my window sticker keeps moving. First it was 3/31, then 4/1 now 4/2. I thought this date was the build date right?

Does this mean my build is slipping?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is the build date pending no rescheduling.. so yours has been rescheduled twice. The date on your window sticker is never a "locked in" date.

I have noticed that the date on my window sticker keeps moving. First it was 3/31, then 4/1 now 4/2. I thought this date was the build date right?

Does this mean my build is slipping?
Are you sure it is the correct numbers you are looking at? The number with the build date is on the botton at the very right side and likely starts with 12011. There is also a smaller number on the bottom center that shows the actual date on which you are viewing the window sticker. It almost sounds like that is the number you are looking at. If you look at it tomorrow, it will show 4/3.

Yeah, the number in the middle keeps moving. I seem to remember that it was stuck at 3/31 until a few days ago but I could be wrong.

Yes there is a number in the right. 1201104017735.

I guess thats 04/01.

Yeah, the number in the middle keeps moving. I seem to remember that it was stuck at 3/31 until a few days ago but I could be wrong.

Yes there is a number in the right. 1201104017735.

I guess thats 04/01.
That is correct. Build date is April 1. The date you were looking at that kept changing is the current date that you are viewing the sticker on. I got caught in the same situation.;)

Back