• Register Today It's free!

daystar body bushings

jtf_explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Lansing, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 - 2 Door
Well i got the 4" sky kit on and alighned and test driven. All seems fine. Now I am doing the P/A 3" BL and daystar poly body bushings to match the complete set of energy suspension bushing that replaced all the rubber in the suspension. I am straight forward on how to do the BL. I got the passsenger side up and removing the old bushing. My daystar kit didn't come with any instructions unlike the skyjacker, energy susp., and P/A kits did. I just don't see how what they sent me replaces what i am taking off. here is a list of what i got from daystar through 4wheelparts.com/ Here is a list of what i got

4 small cone looking bushings : MO2188
4 big bushings : MO2189
2 medium bushings : MO2291
2 medium bushings : MO2292
4 long metal sleeves
2 short metal sleeves

I have taken off alot more rubber than they gave me poly to replace it with. does anybody have a list of the kit and instructions. I did a search and found nothing. I did look at DeRoach's write up on his poly bushing swap but it didn't answer these questions I have. Thanks for the help. As soon as this is done i can waste some more money on those 35's. :confused: Then save more for gears and lockers. :eek: Need to get her ready for the 4x4central trip to Moab next spring. :exporange

Sounds good, Take some pics when u get a chance....Good luck

KF04009 91-99 Ford Explorer Body Mount Kit
Bill Of Material
M02545 Bushing 4
M02539 Bushing 2
M02540 Bushing 2
M02541 Bushing 2
M02542 Bushing 4
M02543 Bushing 4
M02544 Bushing 2
M02546 Bushing 4
S10126 Washer 2
INSTRUCTIONS: Please read completely before beginning installation.
1. Note all body mount positions and respective parts (mount size, type, washers, spacers, bolts, shims etc.) before and
during disassembly. You may have to reuse certain factory hardware pieces that are not included in this kit.
2. If mounting bolts and nuts are rusted, liberally spray with penetrating oil.
3. Support vehicle body properly before removing mounts. Use a 2x4 about 2 long (or any other suitable size) between
jack and body panel to spread the weight load out so as not to damage the body. If needed, support the body in several
areas.
4, Loosen all bolts and nuts but do not remove.
5. Working on one side of vehicle at a time, remove mounting bolt and nut and raise body only high enough to replace
mount, never higher. Also check other areas on body and frame to avoid any interference problems when raising body.
See Fig. 1.
6. Replace mounts one at a time. After all mounts have been replaced torque bolts to factory specifications.
7. After driving vehicle for about 500 miles, re-torque bolts again. This is to insure that the bolts have not
loosened due to initial settling that may take place.
Some Fords use a unique one piece stamped washer and sleeve assembly. This type of
assembly can sometimes be difficult to remove, especially on older vehicles. Use Fig. 2 and
the instructions below to facilitate disassembly.
1. Remove body mount bolt from inside of cab.
2. Thread the bolts back in from below into bottom washer/sleeve assembly until bolt is flush with inside of washer. This
is to protect the threads during removal.
3. Insert a 10” long x ½” or equivalent punch into body mount from inside cab. Drive bottom washer/sleeve assembly
downward away from top assembly with a hammer.
4. The lip on the bottom stamped washer/sleeve assembly may become mushroomed, especially on older vehicles.
Before reinstalling this part, remove mushroomed lip to avoid any interference fit problems.
¬¬¬
www.DaystarWeb.com
Tech Support Contact Info
Tech@DaystarWeb.com
Phone: 623.907.0081
Fax: 623.907.0088
841 South 71st Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85043
Instruction Sheet P10307-02
ã 2000 Daystar Products International Inc.
Punch
Bolt
Body
Frame
Top Assembly
Bottom Assembly
Mounting Order From Front to Rear
Above Frame Below Frame
1. M02539 M02540
2. M02541 M02543
3. M02545 M02546
4. M02544 M02543
5. M02545 M02546
WARNING
This vehicle has been modified to enhance its performance. The steering,
braking and handling of this vehicle will differ from standard passenger cars
and trucks, This vehicle handles differently from an ordinary vehicle in driving
conditions which may occur on streets, highways and off road.
Avoid unnecessary abrupt maneuvers, sudden stops, sharp turns and
other driving conditions that could cause loss of control, possibly leading to a
roll over or other accident that could result in serious injury or death to driver
and passengers.
If larger tires are installed the speedometer will read lower than the
vehicles actual speed.
DRIVE WITH CARE, REDUCE SPEED
AND WEAR SEAT BELTS AT ALL TIMES.
This kit should be installed by a professional mechanic.

after an hour of phone calls, i finally got emailed the instructions and part list. no wonder i was so confused, i did have the wrong bushing kit. i posted the instructions with part numbers to help someone else if they need it. So I guess I will be waiting another month and a half for the correct bushings. I have had a handfull of problems with 4wheelparts.com, but they beat all prices. oh-well. Post-poning off-roading for even longer.

Back