Daytime running lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Daytime running lights

this may apply only to Canadian explorers ? i'm not entirely sure...i cant get my daytime running lights to work, can anyone give me some tips on trouble shooting this circuit? the module is in place and seems intact, yet just below and over from the Daytime Running light Module i've got small device which has at sometime been removed, it is two wires with a two pin connector on the end. i get voltage on both leads of this connector only when the vehicle is on/running the voltage is present for approx. 10 seconds after i turn the ignition off. I wonder if the device which should be connected there is an inline resistor to knock the capacity down to 80% ? anyone know the part number for this particula r missing device ? any help at all would be appreciated this ver last item to solve and i can safety my explorer. cheers.
marc

Up until 1999 or so, only Canadian Explorers had DRL...

The harness for the DRL is plugged in? Try unplugging it and cleaning it up...mine was dirty....

Explorers for the United States did have DRL but the lights were too bright for american standards so they quit putting the modules in, in fact mine had a recall to remove the module. Not sure of the years involved though.

Yup, i'ts definately plugged in, i'll pull it apart and clean it. no idea what the spare two wire mystery connector sitting right next to the DRLM might do in life? great forum, i was able to do a search and get tons of info on DRL's (but not necessarily an answer to this particular question) thanks - Marc

Get a picture of the whole area if ou can....

Back