Dealer did not follow TSB?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealer did not follow TSB??

When you lift the rubber you can see foam attached to it.

All ask yet another time....... can you post pictures of this "foam"????????

Everyone who says there is foam under there has yet to post a picture..... please.....someone!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So, Drove it to work this morning. The noise is NOT gone, just happens at 55mph now vs 45mph.

Look at this mess, This pic is at the top of the pillar driver side, look at the bead of glue at the red arrow, Why on earth would the put glue in this crevice, it just look crappy... And does nothing! I imagine in a few years it will discolor and look like $$$$

Untitled.jpg

57db199c.jpg

FCS,

Can you please reply to my PM of 2 days ago regarding my order for a new MY 2013 Explorer.

Many thanks

Hi everyone,

In case you missed my post before, I’m available to help by forwarding the details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. If you haven’t already, please send a PM with your contact information, mileage, dealer name/state, and VIN.

FCS,

Can you please reply to my PM of 2 days ago regarding my order for a new MY 2013 Explorer.

Many thanks
I appreciate the heads up, KingRR; check your inbox for my reply.

Cory

So the dealer applied the "correct" fix on Wednesday... Now the buzz is back and worse then before... :mad:

Not sure where to go from here...

my wind noise got worse after the TSB fix. Its at the dealer right now, dropped it off this morning for them to look at it again and to do the rain roof noise TSB, interesting enough, they had more 2011 used explorers on the lot for sale than they did new 2012s or 2013s

Dealer was unable to do anything with the wind noise other than confirm that it exists. They said they do not think it is the new a-pillars because they followed the directions per the TSB. I told them that the wind noise became worse after the TSB fix and that a few others have the same issue. They stated that they put a call into Ford to try and figure it out and will "let me know" So for now, I'm stuck cranking up the radio to try and drown it out. They also said they had to order the foam kit to fix the rain noise TSB issue. I am supposed to receive a call from the dealer today.

I might do as someone else suggested and using black electrical tape, tape around the seals of the a-pillar just to try and test if this does anything for the wind noise. Otherwise I am at the mercy of Ford to try an figure it out.

Back