Demise of mass air flow sensor.......continued | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Demise of mass air flow sensor.......continued

1834kc

Reaction score
City, State
Jasper Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT 4x4
Its like chasing my tail through the maze of vacuum hoses under the hood of my truck. Thanks to you all, I have been checking out possible vacuum leaks, and have come to the understanding that I may as well replace them all if I can. Every time I move/check/unhook/look at, I find that they are loose or brittle and the clamps are doing nothing to keep them in place or from leaking. I cleaned the Mass air flow sensor and it helped a lot.
I still have problems with the cooling system crud, and planned to do that today before Xmas dinner, however, the "Sunny South" is under 4" of white fluffy "sun", so with no garage, I'm trying to get the information I may need to tackle the vacuum hose problem. I have to use the truck to get parts, and taking a piece of each one to size is ok, but breakage is rampant. Is there a size chart that I can access? How important is it to have them connected to the exact spot on the tree as they were from the factory? Can I buy the molded hard plastic lines, (tree to vacuum canister) from a parts store, or can I use the same size in regular flex tubing?
Mayby I could size them off the truck at the parts store? Again thanks for your help with the sensor. Merry Xmas!

Back