Did Ford refund your shipping charges for replacements? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did Ford refund your shipping charges for replacements?

I just received my reimbursement from Ford for some Michelin LTX M/S tires that I bought from Discount Tire Direct (online). These replaced the recalled Wilderness AT's. However, they failed to refund the shipping charges for the tires, even though the total (including mounting and balancing) was still under $110 per tire. They just paid the raw $93 per tire + mount/balance.

What's been your guys' experience in getting refunds? Did they pay for your shipping costs? The dealer said they pay for tax if you buy them locally. So why wouldn't they pay for shipping, since it's essentially a built-in cost of getting the tire? Why should I be penalized just because I tried to find the best price? If I had bought the tire locally it would have easily been over $100 before tax.

- Dave

'98 XLT 4WD
:cool:

i bought mine locally, so i didnt have to deal with shipping, but i cant imagine ford paying for your shipping charges.

well just to give you an idea, when I brought my set of 5 firestones on stock mags to the dealer they charged me to take the tires off the mags, said it wasnt part of the recall, took them 5 minutes cost me like ~30$ can.
real nice guys.:fire:

Back