Did you know you can turn off the seatbelt chime! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did you know you can turn off the seatbelt chime!

BigD383

Reaction score
City, State
Dunedin, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mercury Mountaineer
Just for your knowledge... I am not condoning anyone to not wear their seat belt! I hated the chime and on my second or third time in each of my Mountaineers I had turned it off! I asked at the dealership and they said there was nothing that could be done... Open your owners manual and it is in there. It is kinda goofy what they make you do and if you mess up you have to start over again but it works!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I need to do this. We drive around the farm. We get in and out of the truck regularly, and this can get annoying.

buckle then unbuckle really quick. works on an 08. works for driver and front passenger.

buckle then unbuckle really quick. works on an 08. works for driver and front passenger.

You might as well just wear it then!

Thanks for the info Big "D." Worked fine on my 06.

Wow, that is a crazy process. I am happy to see that they have a one time use. I'll stick to that.

I just did it tonight......

So happy no more chime:D

The quick instuctions are

Get in your truck

hit door unlock button

turn key to run & wait for the seat belt light to turn off.... takes about 90 seconds so you have time to play with the radio

after the light turns off buckle & unbuckle your seatbelt 9 time ending unbuckeled

seat belt light will light up for 5 seconds when it turns off buckle & unbuckle one more time.

Seat belt will flash

redo for the passanger side

It is a goofy process so that the odds of doing it accidentally are impossible. It would have to be a deliberate attempt. It is done that way to protect the manufacturer from lawsuits.

I just did it tonight......

So happy no more chime:D

The quick instuctions are

Get in your truck

hit door unlock button

turn key to run & wait for the seat belt light to turn off.... takes about 90 seconds so you have time to play with the radio

after the light turns off buckle & unbuckle your seatbelt 9 time ending unbuckeled

seat belt light will light up for 5 seconds when it turns off buckle & unbuckle one more time.

Seat belt will flash

redo for the passanger side

im going to try this today, to see if it works.

IM SOOOOO doing this. Thank you for posting this!!!!

Make sure you hit the door unlock button first. Tried this several times a few months ago, never got it to work.
Figured out I was not hitting the door unlock first. Works great now.

Back