Did you pass on the Sport, but still want the performance? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Did you pass on the Sport, but still want the performance?

Really tempted to do this, coming from a KIA Optima Turbo and having a VW TDI the power from the 3.5NA at times is disappointing/lacking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We get that not everyone chooses the 3.5L twin monster AWD XSport...but that doesn't mean that you have to lose out on the HP!

With our custom tuning your NA 3.5TIVCT will get a :salute: from any XSport owner!

Check out our acceleration and dyno testing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HSMOuCSP1zU

We are offering 87 and 91 octane towing tunes and 87, 89, 91, and 93 octane performance tunes.

Available Tunes Include:

Towing Tunes:
87 Towing
91 Towing
Performance Tunes:
87 Performance
89 Performance
91 Performance
93 Performance

ORDER YOURS TODAY!
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/LME%252dAIW-2013%252b-Ford-Explorer-Tuner.html

Your website lists these tuners/tunes as being for 2013+ N/A Explorers. So what about 2011-2012 Explorers? Will the tuner/tunes work on those model years also?

Also, can you tell me a little more about your "MyCalibrator" tuner? I'm not familiar with that one. I've used the SCT X3 in the past. I currently have one for my Mustang, and I've previously had one for my '04 Sport Trac with custom tunes from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning.

Does anyone have a before and after Dyno/HP/Torque reading on a 2013+ Sport; pre and post tune???

My Sport really started to open up after 1500 miles or so. I especially notice the power when I'm manipulating the gears and the tranny is in "M" mode. Or even the transmission in standard "D" and with the "TOW" mode on this ExSport is surprising BMW's...

I'm almost sold on a Livernois 93' Tune!

Your website lists these tuners/tunes as being for 2013+ N/A Explorers. So what about 2011-2012 Explorers? Will the tuner/tunes work on those model years also?

Also, can you tell me a little more about your "MyCalibrator" tuner? I'm not familiar with that one. I've used the SCT X3 in the past. I currently have one for my Mustang, and I've previously had one for my '04 Sport Trac with custom tunes from Torrie at Unleashed Tuning.

The only NA Explorers that we offer tuning for is the TiVCT variant. Usually only found in the 2013 and newer. If you have that motor in your 11-12 we can tune it as well. The reason why you are not familiar with the MyCal device is because it is our own tuner that only works with our proprietary tuning software. The concept is the same, but it is our own technology.

Does anyone have a before and after Dyno/HP/Torque reading on a 2013+ Sport; pre and post tune???

My Sport really started to open up after 1500 miles or so. I especially notice the power when I'm manipulating the gears and the tranny is in "M" mode. Or even the transmission in standard "D" and with the "TOW" mode on this ExSport is surprising BMW's...

I'm almost sold on a Livernois 93' Tune!

The dyno chart is at the end of the video in the OP.

The only NA Explorers that we offer tuning for is the TiVCT variant. Usually only found in the 2013 and newer. If you have that motor in your 11-12 we can tune it as well.......
I believe the NA 3.5L V6 engine is the same from 2011 to current 2016 models. I'm not aware of any changes made to that engine. The brochure I have on the 2011 when listing the HP, Torque and Fuel Efficiency refers to the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine.

Peter

The only NA Explorers that we offer tuning for is the TiVCT variant. Usually only found in the 2013 and newer. If you have that motor in your 11-12 we can tune it as well. The reason why you are not familiar with the MyCal device is because it is our own tuner that only works with our proprietary tuning software. The concept is the same, but it is our own technology.

I believe the NA 3.5L V6 engine is the same from 2011 to current 2016 models. I'm not aware of any changes made to that engine. The brochure I have on the 2011 when listing the HP, Torque and Fuel Efficiency refers to the 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine.

Thanks for the info, Livernois. The NA 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 is the same engine used in the 2011-2015 Explorer and 2011-2015 Edge, with probably minor differences in HP/TQ between the two models.

Can you explain some of the differences between your MyCal device and a SCT tuner?

Peter

They actually are not the same. For example the 2015 has 4 different powertrain variations that they only offered for that year. They were mash ups of the 13-14 engine/trans matches. All of the stats match up, but all of the on paper stats that the public sees are the same.

So you can't assume that everything is the same internally just because the stats are the same.

Thanks for the info, Livernois. The NA 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 is the same engine used in the 2011-2015 Explorer and 2011-2015 Edge, with probably minor differences in HP/TQ between the two models.

Can you explain some of the differences between your MyCal device and a SCT tuner?

We do not do any canned tuning...that is the biggest difference. We also do not offer monitoring like the Livewire because we do not require any datalogging for our custom tuning as we own all of the cars that we offer tuning for. Datalogging is only needed if you need a starting point for tuning.

I wonder how an extended warranty handles/addresses aftermarket tunes in their coverages (or denials)?

I wonder how an extended warranty handles/addresses aftermarket tunes in their coverages (or denials)?

I would guess that like any added items, if the damage to an OEM part was linked to an aftermarket part/system, then the OEM part would not be covered under the factory or ESP warranty. The following is from the Warranty Guide;

Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification
The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
• alterations or modifications of the vehicle, including the body, chassis,
or components, after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor
Company
• tampering with the vehicle, tampering with the emissions systems or
with the other parts that affect these systems (for example, but not
limited to exhaust and intake systems)
• the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part (other than
a certified emissions part) or any part (Ford or non-Ford) designed
for off-road use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of
Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part
to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized
tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting
systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or
software and performance ‘‘chips’’

Peter

Livernois - is this just plugged into the OBDII port and updated into the ECM? Is there anything you have to do and are updates (when provided) available via the web?

Back