• Register Today It's free!

Diesel swap info?

MDmounty

Reaction score
City, State
Preston, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mounty V8
I've been considering swapping in a cummins 4bt in my mounty lately and I wanted to know if anyone here has done something similar to that or could give me any information on it? The main reason I want to do it is for better gas mileage, as my 302 doesn't have the greatest mpg range. So... Would it be worth the upgrade to diesel for better mpg? What would the price range be for installing the engine and whatever else needs to go with it? Or should I just stick with the 302 and deal with the bad mileage? Thanks for any help/input

Is propane injection a viable alternative where you are?
It's very common in other countries.

The explorer 4btbswap is doable however, it requires a great deal of fab. Motor mounts different tranny, body lift, adapter plus transmission. New torsion bars If it's not a TTB explorer. Fuel system will have to be changed. New gauges or adapting your current gauges. Also 4bts are not as cheap as they once were. You're looking at At least 6000 to do it right.

Thanks I'm trying to get some numbers figured out right now cause the way I see it this is going to end up being cheaper than buying a new vehicle and I'll get some better mileage out of it too

Back