Difference between Sport/ Sport Trac Grille? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Difference between Sport/ Sport Trac Grille?

ShadowA2J

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Gratiot, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport, '80 Vette
Ok, I did a quick search for this, but couldn't find the answer. I went in to a shop today to order a SS Speed Grille for my '01 Sport, and they told me they didn't make one. Now I've seen at least a dozen people with them on there '01 Sports, so I know they're out there. Isn't the Sport Trac grille the same as the Sport? Couldn't I just order a Sport Trac grille and put it on my Sport? Anybody know? Anybody know of a place that sells the grille for the '01 Sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They're exactly the same.

That's what I thought. I guess I'll order the Trac one then. Thanks.

Originally posted by Johnstone
Slap a monkey if you can find a difference.

HAHA ill have to remember that one

I need to replace some of my front end parts on my 03 explorer sport (like my corner lights, my front bumper, and a couple other things) but its so hard to find them because theres the explorers, the explorer sports and the sport tracs but basically for the parts i need for my sport I should be safe to buy items for the sport tracs that are similar years correct?

The 01-03 Sport has EXACTLY the same front end as the 2001-2005 Sport Trac .....NO difference. They are totally different from the regular 4-door Explorer.

The 01-03 Sport has EXACTLY the same front end as the 2001-2005 Sport Trac .....NO difference.
And you are welcome to slap ncranchero if you do find a difference. :D

Slap the monkey, slap ncranchero..........all the same thing!

Thank you Johnny!

Back