• Register Today It's free!

Dixon Bros Racing 4x4 LT kit

Demo1986

Reaction score
City, State
Cypress, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 S/T
i'm sorta in a dilemma right now and i need some help. i have an 02 st 4x4 and just a couple weeks ago i made up my mine on putting the Dixon Bros Racing 4x4 LT kit. the front end with c/o's is 4200+tax, deaver springs 650+tax, shocks, 35's mtr's, 15" wheels, fenders all around, its about 8000 out the door.......but now that i got the cash its kinda hard to let it go cuz i wanna buy myself some investment property. my next option is to keep the stock suspension and add oem replacement c/o's to get rid of the tb's and add a bl with 33's mtrs. i dont want a super lift cuz it doesnt raise the drive terrain. what do you guys think. some moments i want the dbr and sometimes i wanna save that money......help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Just my thinking but I would take the money and put it into the investment property at this time...

...You may never see houses going for as cheap as they are now and you may never see interest rates this low again...

..You can always take some petty cash and mod your truck little by little or wait till you start reaping the income from the investment property and modify your truck to your hearts content...

...The investment property will give you positive cash flow and while the DBR kit is awesome, it will not pay you an income after you purchase it..;)

what sucks is that i sold my lifted ranger for the ST for the sole purpose of installing the DBR kit. i bought me an investment property last yr and wanna get me another one in about a yr-2yrs.....i dont have kids now but i feel that if i have one b4 i fix my truck i will never have it the way i want it or it will take longer.

It might take longer if you have a kid but the kid will be more fun then the ST. I have two kids and I'm building up my truck slowly but surely because my family comes first and I also have another hobby called guns which is expensive also.

of course family comes first but i've always put my stuff on hold and my wife thinks i should do it for me cuz ive wanted this for the longest time but she will support either decision. she just wants me to pick one so we can to go off roading cuz we havnt gone since i sold my ranger.

Then do it!! :) Get a locker too.

i dont want a super lift cuz it doesnt raise the drive terrain.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but the Superlift raises the drivetrain only a little less than the Dixon Bros kit. Just a matter that it keeps the torsion bars.
Dixon Bros gets you heavier parts and more travel if that's what you need.

invest on the property, then wait a little longer to do the dixon bros kit, it will be sweet when you get it done and the property will keep paying. im waiting to get the dixon kit too, might have to move to glamis just to run it hah

Back