Do O-rings come with new A/C components? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do O-rings come with new A/C components?

Tshark299

Reaction score
City, State
Upstate NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
Pretty much what the subject says... if you buy a new compressor or accumulator or whatever, do they usually come with new O-rings for that component, or would I need to buy an O-ring kit. Also, would I need an O-ring kit specific for the vehicle, or would the random assortment package on the shelf at the parts store work?

Usually the o-rings to replace the old o-rings come with the components... But having extra o-rings on hand is never a bad idea...

And using Nylog also helps to maintain a great seal when you attach the fittings...

Some brands of components such as compressors or hoses come with them. I just got some hoses from Advance and they came with LOTS of bagged extra (green) O-rings.

I would still get an O-ring kit, though. 4 Seasons / Factory Air sells vehicle specific kits through Advance Auto Parts, and other parts stores sell "universal" O-ring kits by make to fit a variety of models.

You don't want to be putting the system together, then not have certain sizes. I wouldn't count on what comes with stuff being the exact size you need, either, since lots of things like compressors and hoses work on multiple models.

Its always hit and miss weither you get the o-rings or not. The chance of getting the proper ones is directly proportional to how uncommon the o-ring is. The odder the size the less of a chance you'll get one with your new component.

Back