Do you pull you X around? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do you pull you X around?

Do you pull your X around?

• I never drive my X on highways to trails.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I drive my X short distances to trails by highway.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • I drive my X everywhere.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Highways? I just head in that direction.

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters

ahhjaws

Moab Edition Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Collins, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer XLT
Hey, I was just wondering how many people have a trailer for their X and carry their X around on the interstates and highways from trail to trail.

I know that some gearings, lifts, and tires don't do that great on the highway.

What type of truck do you have to pull you X?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We drive to local trails. I try to keep it under 100 miles on the road to help save the tires.

We trailer it to all of the out of state runs. We have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins with a slide in camper and an 18 foot trailer.

Cool, nice setup. I opened up this poll so our nice beefy trucks that pull our X's around don't get forgotten. lol!!

Have fun!!

I drive my Ex everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Even places Ex's aren't supposed to be driven :D

Rick, that does sound pretty nice. Is it an enclosed trailer? Do you have any pics?

it's my daily driver.

but maybe after we get a house i'll start building it into a trail only rig.

My ex is my daily driver and it does not do a very good job pulluing my camper I need better gears:(

my friends truck pulls my X around....... 2000 dodge ram, 3500, extended cab, dually, 4x4, with the factory 6" lift, cummins turbo diesel, 4.10 gears and a 6 speed stick..... it rocks!

I used to Drive my X everywhere, but now, I've got access to a trailer so I trailer it.....

I tow it with my parents 2001 GMC Yukon.... travel in comfort :D, and I use my buddies trailer..... So I think I do pretty good.

--Ryan

I don't pull anything on my X yet cause I dont have the piece to connect on the back of my X but eventually I will get one then I will start towing

I drive my X everywhere, but that will change soon. My 93 F-150 302 with tow package and dual tanks is still at my dads house. When I finaly go pick it up from him then it will be trailered from trail to trail. Untill then I just keep stoping at every gas station.

I drive mine most of the time but when I'm going for more than a day to somewhere like Moab I'll pull it down there on the trailer.

95' E-350 1-ton van or when the wife lets me here 98' F-150 on a 16' trailer.

I'll drive the explorer short distances but it's gotten to the point where driving it for more than an hour on the highway get's to be pretty tedious. I just bought a 99 f-250 diesel a month ago and any long trip I go on I'll tow the explorer.

I drive my x everywhere if I dont my other x will.

Drive it local and tow it everywhere else. I have a 2000 PSD in my sig with an 18 ft trailer.

I get about 10 MPG pulling it. Of course that has only been 1 time and that was doing 75 down I-75 through KY and TN which has some pretty good long slopes on it.

2287s4200033-1-med.jpg

My X is my only truck, so I drive it everywhere. It's not extreme enough YET to where I'd need to tow it.

Back