Does anybody knows the cost of the labor to replace a front transfer case on a 05 Mountaineer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does anybody knows the cost of the labor to replace a front transfer case on a 05 Mountaineer?

KelS4

Reaction score
City, State
NYC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Mercury Mountaineer
Hi guys, my awd keeps getting lock due to the front transfer case being broken. I am planning on getting a used one but don't know how much it would be to replace it. Have anyone done it before or know the cost?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The transfer case is in the middle of the vehicle, do you mean front axle?

Hi guys, my awd keeps getting lock due to the front transfer case being broken. I am planning on getting a used one but don't know how much it would be to replace it. Have anyone done it before or know the cost?
No point in considering cost to replace the front transfer case or getting a used one until we determine just exactly what the hell we are talking about. FWIW, I replaced my rear transfer case for only $5.00. imp

make sure your front and rear tires are the same size.also may not be the transfer case.need more info[/QUOTE]

The mechanic told me it is the transfer case. It was my own fault cause i replaced the front tires first instead of all of them at the same time. Now driving in the snow my awd keeps going on lock and the truck is not gripping when that happens.

Back