does somebody have a loose hub assembly? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

does somebody have a loose hub assembly?

alfcapone

Reaction score
City, State
Sweden
Year, Model & Trim Level
Vw passat estate
im planning to remove mine today and look for some markings on the bearing. There got to be a way to change just the bearing whithout buying a whole assembly.
Does anybody have a loose one and can take a look if you can see any markings on the bearing? There usually is some on the edge of the bearing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SOMETIMES

YOU CAN GET LUCKY AND GO TO A BEARING DEALER NEAR YOU AND THEY CAN ORDER IT FOR YOU IF THEY DONT HAVE ONE IN STOCK LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING ELSE [ WISH I WOULD HAVE KNOWN TWO MONTHS AGO JUST CONVERTED MINE TO WARN ]

If i find any numbers, or if it looks like it's no problem to dismantel it, my lokal dealer can get me any bearing that "SKF", "Timken" or "***" have in their entire product catalouge, so i don't think that's a problem if any of them are the producer of the bearing. I just thought if somebody allready have a assembly loose and could have a look if they find any numbers on it.
Thankx anyway!
But i live in Sweden so there would have been delivery problems eaven if you had one..

I brought my hub assy to werk to show a buddy what wears. RU looking for the small bearing PN inside the hub?

within the hub assy, i have writing as "fafnir 200 kd usa"

hm strange, does it say that on the bearing?
Are we talking about the same thing here i have an -99 X whith the hub and bearing mounted in a "case" that are bolted on the Wheel spindel. I just saw you have got an -94 X idon't think they looke the same.

Ok i have had it loose...

and i figure that it maybe looke like this inside, anyone ever dismantel an assembly who can confirm??

312867_25_full.jpg

If you would like I can e-mail photos showing exactly what wears on the autohubs. They are from a '94

thanks but i dont have any autohubs and mine are a -99 so i dont think it would help me..

Back