Does the BAFX OBDII Code Scanner with Forscan software display the transmission oil temperature for 2009 truck | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does the BAFX OBDII Code Scanner with Forscan software display the transmission oil temperature for 2009 truck

dB2000

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 XLT
Does the BAFX OBDII Code Scanner with a download of Forscan software display the transmission oil temperature for a 2009 explorer.

I ordered one from Amazon then I canceled it because I realized that most of the discussions on the forum were old and mostly talked about older explorers. I saw on the Forscan website that many of the scan tools did not adequately display some of the features any longer.

I did not see anything that directly addressed the transmission temperature nor my generation of truck, 2009.

Anyone on here possess any knowledge of the BAFX or any other code scanners having this capability. Something most desir which would be useful while towing a ailer?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yes forscan will display transmission temp i dont know about the adapter. the odb adapter i recommend is an obdlink mx or any of the ones recommended by forscan. the mx isbnow the obdlink mx+ and i just checked and the price has gone up its ~$140 but well worth it in my opnion.

Here is the forscan page with the recommended adapters.

oops, my touch pad sent this before I corrected my last sentence. I retyped the whole thing differently because I though the draft had been deleted.

What about a Scangauge?

According to BAFX's website the bluetooth obdII adapter is elm327 compatable so it should work with viewing transmission data with forscan.

Bluetooth adapters most probably wont read HSCAN bus.

For fully functional forscan diagnostic operation ,wired adapters (both MS and HS CAN capable)strongly recommended.

Should read the Engine/trans computer fine. Other modules (e.g. The radio, etc) are on a different can bus, that can be another story. Probably better of getting a "Forscan" adapter with a switch or one of the ObdLink tools. This will let you access all modules.

Back