Dome light doesnt work for front doors? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dome light doesnt work for front doors?

pardiville

Reaction score
City, State
Yuma, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Eddie Bauer 4.0 Sohc
:usa: Would anyone know which fuse # is for the front doors on a 97 EB Explorer or is something possibly unhooked? When I open the back doors the dome lights work and the door panel lights even work on the front doors. But when I open either front door nothing happens. I have looked in the owners manual and the Chilton and cant find it.
Should I just go through the whole fusebox and replace any that are blown or will this be more detrimental due to having to reset whatever I kill the power to? Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Also it seems that there is no power to the Numbered Keypad on the drivers door, could this be related?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do you get a "door ajar" indication when you open either front doors?

No, but I do for all other doors.

That's the clue. The switches in both the none working doors are broken / corroded.

Are these switches hard to change out? Thanks for the reply

lots of posts. some use wd40 on the latches while others go at the door (panel removed, then lots of swearing, then fiddling with the latch area ... follow the wire.... tough area as there isn't much room).

Back