• Register Today It's free!

dome lights dont turn off

Audio_1

Reaction score
City, State
Red herring
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 xlt
well my dome lights dont turn off. they turn off after about a half hour if i dont touch the vehicle like it always does but when im driveing they wont thut off. i hope it is a quick fix because i am going on a 900 mile trip tommarro and driveing at night with the interrior lights on it not going to be fun. the door ajar light is not on btw.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might try opening and closing the hatch and hatch glass real good. Mine does this periodically. Even though there is no "Ajar" light, it turned out that the hatch wasnt closed tight enough. Its worth a shot if nothing else.

well that dident work. but i found something intresting, there is a bolt end hanging out of the vents on the bottem of the lift gate. so....i dont know.

I had that problem. My subs had worked one of the liftgate catch bolts loose. Try tightening them both.

Try the panel dimmer switch. It's next to the headlight switch on the left side of the steering wheel. If the switch is pushed all the way up, the dome lights stay on constantly. You might have hit it by accident, I've done it before as well.

If you can't get it fixed in time for your trip, just pull the light bulb out when your driving.

kevinj said:
If you can't get it fixed in time for your trip, just pull the light bulb out when your driving.

Or you could just pull the fuse. The GEM is on the same fuse IIRC though.

Back