• Register Today It's free!

Door chime removal?

dysfunkshun

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Ford Explorer XLT
Just curious if anyone knows the location for the door chime to either disable it or take it out altogether. I have an 04 XLT and I leave the keys in the ignition and just lock the doors most the time, but the chime is getting on my nerves! Thanks in advance for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

dysfunkshun said:
Just curious if anyone knows the location for the door chime to either disable it or take it out altogether. I have an 04 XLT and I leave the keys in the ignition and just lock the doors most the time, but the chime is getting on my nerves! Thanks in advance for your help!

Where do you live? I'll come over and show you.

If someone steals your Ex because you left the keys in it, your insurance may not cover it. That is a VERY bad idea. With that said the chime module should be under the dash somewhere. Just look under there and listen while its going off. I had to disable the one in my Bronco II many years ago when it was acting up.

If you leave your key in so you can start it and let it run before you get in it (A/C, heat or whatever), you can do like I did and install a remote start kit. I ordered mine from CodeAlarm and installed it myself for about $150.

Bump... Does anyone know what wire to snip or what the little buzzer looks like?? This thing is annoying me now.

Hey Ford, why not stick a car alarm underneath the dash while you're at it. I'm not sure if the current chime is loud enough.

Mee too! I am looking for the location of the door chime module and what needs to be removed to get at it.

Back