• Register Today It's free!

door locks

neverownedaford

Reaction score
City, State
north east, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 explorer
The door handle buttons won't lock the doors. They make no noise when you press the "L" button. Its the same for either button "L or R" or any of the 4 doors. The key fobs don't do anything. The outside keypad will only unlock the door, but it seems like it doesn't like doing it. All the locks turn and work with the key. Is there a lock relay anywhere?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Checked out. Power windows and seat work fine.

Sorry, I wasn't even close. BIG difference between locks and windows. LOL

(Pages 181-182) #18 25A Drivers Unlock Relay, All Unlock Relay, All Lock Relay

If your actuators are gone, which happened to my drivers side door and rear driver's side it's a relatively inexpensive fix. I did it with a couple of Harbor Freight tools and some patience. If you narrow it down to the acutators let me know and I'll post what I did to repalce them.

Sounds like a fuse/relay to me..

The door handle buttons won't lock the doors. They make no noise when you press the "L" button. Its the same for either button "L or R" or any of the 4 doors. The key fobs don't do anything. The outside keypad will only unlock the door, but it seems like it doesn't like doing it. All the locks turn and work with the key. Is there a lock relay anywhere?

Look for broken wires in the door jamb bundle. Also, there is a common problem with a bad splice under the driver side rear door jamb.

most likely broken wire(s) in driver's door jam or corroded wire under rear carpet. both are super common problems.

Back