Door panel removal help is needed. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door panel removal help is needed.

Hi to all,
My sister broke the RT door side view mirror on her 2008 Explorer.
I got her replacement already but I need to know how to remove the RT Door Planel and existing mirror.
Thanks for your help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

right under the door handle should be two screws. take those out, then just get a flat head screw driver or something like it. short and simple its "out then up." on the left, right and bottom of the panel is where those plastic plugs, i guess thats what they're called, are. so thats the "out" part. then just pull up, because the top is like hooked right infront of the window. real easy to get off, and to put back together.

I am having door panel re-installation problems. I can't get the two screws above the inside door handle to line up and catch. Any suggestions? (I have thought of using two eight inch or so stiff wires, perhaps cut from a coat hanger, through the holes in the panel and into the threaded clips before re-hanging the panel.)

hmm it should be lining up. just make sure all the plastic plugs are in and the top lip is hooked in right...but if you are and its still doing that then yeh that hanger thing doesnt sound like a bad idea.

Problem solved with the two screws, hurricanevic09 you are a genius. The C shaped channel at the top of the door next to the weather seal and lock push button had gotten bent over so that the panel wouldn't hook in correctly at the top right. Although I could force the Christmas tree pins in and all that, it just wasn't lined up right. As soon as I straightened the channel and the panel hooked at the top right, everything was lined up and the screws went in with no problems. I did however put WD40 on both the screw sockets and screws before reassembly.

hey guys, i have to replace the drivers side window in my 1991 explorer, im pretty sure i can get the door pannel off, but then what do i do? help would b appreciated :)

If you go to the top of the page and look for the search pick and put in "replace window" a couple hundred (maybe not that many) threads will be listed!

need help remove RH door mirror
2008 explorer xlt

need help remove RH door mirror
2008 explorer xlt

When you take the door panel off, the mirror is bolted on behind it. Usually 3 bolts. There's also an electrical connector for power/heated mirrors that will have to be disconnected.

Back