Door retains water until it's opened | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Door retains water until it's opened

Galoong

Reaction score
City, State
Chantilly, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
I have a '14 Explorer and all 4 of my doors retains rain water until the doors are opened up, then it all drains. Is this normal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where is the water collecting? I don't think I've seen this on my '15 XLT.

Not on mine either even after a automatic car wash. It all drains without issues. Did you check the drains on the bottom of the doors? They might be clogged with dust and who knows what else..

I have the same thing on my 11 explorer

As a matter of fact , I see a little rust inner side of the door the second year I own the car

I would think that if everything was performing as it should, the water would drain out through the bottom drain holes. Make sure that they are not obstructed. There should be a small black cover that partially covers the holes but still allows them to drain water. Perhaps try poking a small wire in the holes to see if perhaps there is blockage that isn't visible.

Peter

I have a '14 Explorer and all 4 of my doors retains rain water until the doors are opened up, then it all drains. Is this normal?

I'd bring this to the attention of your dealership Galoong; if you don't want to make a special trip, you can always mention it the next time you're there for a maintenance appointment. What's the current mileage on your Explorer?

I have the same thing on my 11 explorer

As a matter of fact , I see a little rust inner side of the door the second year I own the car

Since you're in Canada, hpad06, I recommend getting in touch with my Canadian colleagues on the forum: FordServiceCA. Here's a link to their profile: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/member.php?u=233337

Crystal

Back