Driver door stuck shut | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver door stuck shut

Ha ha Yeah, I bought an assortment pack from checker for 5 bucks and none were even close. I called the dealership and they quoted me like 12 apiece about 2 years ago, which was why I was looking elsewhere. I though maybe looking into carb linkage clips etc, or some aftermarket catalog with a bunch or linkage clip stuff in it. I work for a marine center and there are many varieties of linkages with metal clips that would come as close as the ones that checker had

LOL My wife climbed over the seat until now I need a new console lid!

LOL those lids are weak.

well a while ago I fabbed an idea for the clips but broke after about a year.

I took a bolt and welded a nut that fit the rod to the head of the bolt, screwed the nut to the rod, put the bolt in to hole of the latching mechanism and put a nut on the end of the bolt....if that makes sense:rolleyes: The weld ended up breaking after a year or so and i cant get a welder and hands and be able to seep what im doing to weld the rod straight to the latch with out cutting up the door so that outta the question.

just have to deal with stupid plastic clips for now

stuck doors

I have a 97 explorer. I cannot unlock/open the rear liftgate and window. In addition the rear passenger door cannot be unlocked. From reading these posts it appears that there is a chronic problem with the latch/lock in the explorer doors. It also appears that removing the inner door panel and "repairing" the latch is not easy. In that case, what does it cost to have a dealer fix it? I assume they have the necessary tools and parts to remove the inner panel and replace any broken or worn door release parts, right?

Thanks

Back