Driver side headlight issue (2019 XLT) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver side headlight issue (2019 XLT)

Tyler Hinkley

Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
19 Explorer XLT Sport Pkg
Hello everyone,

I recently installed some headlights from PartsGeek and noticed that my driver side light doesn't have as sharp a cutoff as my passenger side. I don't know if that's the proper terminology to explain it, but I have some pictures that would probably help more.

You can see in the pictures that it's kind of glaring upwards. I re-aimed, rechecked all the connections and everything seemed good. Also, the bulb should still have plenty of life because my Explorer is still pretty new. Any ideas? Could it be because its aftermarket, and I was just the unlucky one to get a bad set? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

TkYUc4tLRmO7m8gG4x2s1A.jpg

sC4SeEUhS2u78y0UWMUa8g.jpg

cmSbsWicQv2obeodmJ+FqQ.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The LED reflector boards may not be aimed entirely correctly with a non OEM headlight would be my guess.

Did you install headlights or bulbs? If bulbs, are they halogen, led or hid?

Hey Tyler. As blwnsmoke mentioned much more info is required in order to make any suggestions. Also, page 299 of your Owner's Manual shows you what the beam should look like. You said the bulb is fairly new so does that mean you have the OEM bulb in it?

Peter

The LED assy was replaced? Or the halogen high beam? Because the latter is easy enough, but the former is outrageously difficult.

Back