• Register Today It's free!

Driver side sag.....

jsfordboy02

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Sport
I have a '96 Explorer Sport, the rear driver side was sagging a little so I replaced the mono-leafs with 4 leaf packs of a 4-door. I made sure to put the driver side spring on that side. It is still saggin' back there about an 1.5". Any suggestions on what might be causing this?????? Thought about spring/shackle mounts, body mounts, ect......

I have a 96 4dr and it sags like a...... well....
Leaf springs aren't going to be the only issue. The shocks will need replacing too. Once sag occurs, both portions of the suspension will be dmgd.
Due to Fords "fantastic" engineering with the gas tank soley on the drivers side, you pretty much have to go brand new on shocks and leafs at once to correct any sag angle.
I might be doing this replacement over he summer, but the very few companies who sell leafs love to rape people on price (looking min. $170CAD per spring)
If you didn't already know this, well, I hope this helps ya!

Already replaced the shocks, ProComp ES1000. I think Im just going to put in an add-a-leaf on the driver side. Wish I could find someone with a random single one that would sell it to me......

Back