Only the coolest 4X4 ever to be created by man! if it was made. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Only the coolest 4X4 ever to be created by man! if it was made.

seth247

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT 4X4
when i get toooo much time on my hands and some deep pockets i want to turn a 2dr explorer sport into one of these!!!!!

M831_Warthog_Troop_Transport.jpg

some of you may say, "why not the original warthog?"

well i thought about it and, sure that would be the kickassest thing ever built but, that spot where the turret goes would be wasted space.

sure you COULD put a real 50cal on there but, then uncle sams after your ass and your neighbors all move away and then who you gonna borrow sugar from huh?!?!?!

and with the troop transport model you can take all you dum friends who dont have a 4X4 back into the woods and haves a party!!

given the cheapness of first gen trucks and my amassed knowledge about them i they would be the funnest vehicle to conver.

what do you guys think?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it's been done before:
warts.jpg

There used to be a way to imbed videos into the posts, what happened to that?

There used to be a way to imbed videos into the posts, what happened to that?

I fixed it for you.. In advanced mode you should have the youtube option next to the google link.

I fixed it for you.. In advanced mode you should have the youtube option next to the google link.

Yeah, it wasn't there yesterday... I've done it before. It's there now, lol. Idk what happened, maybe it didnt' load right

yeah I know that weta workshop have made some for the halo movie. But I don't have the resources for that kind of modification.

I don't play halo that much anymore but I love the warthog.

And energy drinks will kill you.

too many energy drinks and too much time with the game consol.

if you play video games enough, you know how to keep yourself up without energy drinks. most of the time when i'm using my 360, i'm on xbox live, and your buddies help keep you up, and if that fails, Mountain Dew has a good caffeine level in it that's not as crazy as caffeine drinks.

yes. i play video games to much, but i'm attempting to go pro over the next year... so sue me, haha

i'm still trying to figure out the drivetrain would work. the crazy suspension in the game "hog" would have to be electric, hydraulic, or just plain crazy mechanical nightmare.

i'd buy a body shell if i had time and money and no use for an all-weather vehical.

i'm still trying to figure out the drivetrain would work. the crazy suspension in the game "hog" would have to be electric, hydraulic, or just plain crazy mechanical nightmare.

i'd buy a body shell if i had time and money and no use for an all-weather vehical.

Basically, you just need a steering system that also moves the rear tires when the front tires are moved. I believe some of the Chevy trucks have this, so when you make turns the rear wheels move as well, gives you a tighter turn.

Or you could just use a manual way of steering like most dune buggies use.

not the steering, the crazy 4 wheel longitudinaly independant suspension!

i know this isnt 100 percent related but i was watching History bc thats all i watch on tv and they showed how they made the 'tumbler', you know the new bat mobile. like 80% of it is GM product, and of course is has a carb'd 350.

If you could forget about getting the suspension 100% accurate, you could use the IFS from the front of a EX or Mounty, and use it on the rear. It would require alot of fab work, but would still give you rear steering and a independent suspension.

Hmm. Something to do with some of the "leftovers" that I have piled up inside and behind the barn.... that, and the windshield off of an old skiboat.

Back