driver side window question on 01 sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

driver side window question on 01 sport

Sams01XplrSprt

Southern Cali Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport (sold)
Hello guys

My name is Sam and I currently driving an 01 Explorer Sport. Yesterday it was very very hot here in cali it was like 96 or 97 outside so I decided to open up my windows. They were working all fine cause when I went to the nursery to pick up some plants the windows and the rear 2 windows were open too. So when I finished picking up the plants I unloaded them and put them in the trunk. So I disarmed the explorer which it has 2 alarms. And I was about to roll up the windows and turn on the a/c cause some of the plants cant have to much wind. So All the windows worked fine I reached across the driver side seat and shut the 2 rear windows. And I realized my driver side window made a loud noise. It went up but when I was trying to figure out was that loud noise coming from my explorer or the car next to me. So when I rolled down the window halfway my driver side window wont go all the way down it gets stuck halfway. So I roll it back up. And in my mind I said oh **** I think my window is broken or something wrong. So I am asking you explorer and ranger drivers to help me out. I am guessing I might have to take out my panel from the driver side door to see whats making my window open halfway. So guys can you help me out. Now I cant open my driver side window. So now I just drive with the passenger and 2 rear windows now.

Thanks

Sam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sam, A) Search...........and you would find Dead Link Removed article in the Useful Threads, B), FAR from a 911 Forum Thread

BOLT, telling members to run to the dealer is usually the advice we try not to give. We're here to help each other, not get ripped off by the dealer.

robb the link u gave me is for installing turn signal mirrors, but thanks for the link now I can probably get the idea for taking the door panel off to see whats causing my driver side window not to work

Yea, that was the point. It explains exactly how to remove the door panel. You can, obviously, ignore the rest.

thanx robb I just dunno why BOLT wanted me to take it to ford in the first place I thought were her to help us explorer and ranger drivers out. But thanks for the site robb I will keep that site in the future so I can remove the door panel.

Back