Driver's side doors don't lock/unlock | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Driver's side doors don't lock/unlock

Andrew18

Reaction score
I highly doubt that this is something I can fix myself, but I figure I'll ask anyways.

I got a 2000 Ford Explorer yesterday, and it runs and looks great. One of the few problems is that the driver's side doors (driver + left passenger) don't lock or unlock when using the key or keyless entry. They also don't unlock if you hit any button (driver's door, front passangers, and the one above the rear left panel), but they will lock if you hit any button.

Is this just some electrical problem? Any troubleshooting that I can do, or should I just take it to a mechanic?

You probably can fix it. It could be either electrical issue or mechnical issue. The actuator has many issues.

You said that it doesn't lock. So if you press lock on the remote what happens? Can you open the door without unlock it? I am sure alarm will sound, right? If no alarm sounds, it looks that the truck doesn;t know that a lock signal is sent to it. SO it mostly like a electrical issue. If the alarm sounds, it most likely the memchnical issue.

Back