Can't open Driver's Side Door! help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't open Driver's Side Door! help

King$nake

Reaction score
City, State
Oceanside, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Eddie Bauer 5.0
Ok -

One day, all of the sudden - my Drivers Side door would not unlock. I had to hit the Unlock button dozens of times before it became unlocked. From that point on, the door lock kept getting stuck in 'lock', so I had to always keep my driver side door unlocked for easy access.

So I popped the driver side interior door panel off, and saw all the linkage. One piece of the linkage is obviously disconnected from something, but I can't figure out what's what.

I was hoping to find a Diagram of the Driver's Side Door linkage (door handle, locking linkage, etc.)

If I just had a diagram or exploded parts view, I think I can fix it. Anyone know where I can find one?

Also, to make matters worst - one day I forgot the door was locked shut, and I tried to pressure the inside door handle into opening the door. Something snapped, and now the interior drivers side door handle doesn't work! Oh well, I can replace that piece with a junkyard part. Im just concerned about the Door lock!

Please help!

Thanks
Joe

Back