driving light mounting | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

driving light mounting

hey there,
well i'd like to mount some driving lights on my 97. I have the stock fog lights already and they are equiped with silverstar bulbs. But i'd like to add a pair of driving lights on the truck as well. I'd like to mount them near the license plate holder in the "mouth" part of the valance. as of right now this is just a thought in process, but i'd like to see how you guys mounted your driving lights in the valance area. keep in mind i'll be keeping my stock fog lights

thanks
ryan

So want to put them in the middle on the bottom? I screwed some right into the plastic in the mouth, but don't have any pictures. They didn't look too bad, but I like them better in my stock spot (took the quick and easy way because I was pressure for time then).

There are a couple of holes on the back of the bumper at the top of the bumper opening. I used the holes to bolt an "L" bracket to the bumper and then mount the light to holes I had drilled in the "L" bracket. You can find the brackets at the hardware store. Or you may be able to mount a piece of perforated angle iron between the bolts that hold the bumper on. Then you can hang the lights fron the angle iron. I have to remove the lower plastic radiator cover to get at that area but you may not have one on an V6.

Back