• Register Today It's free!

Drop in Estimated Miles to Empty

MVW

Reaction score
City, State
TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Normally when I fill up, I get an estimate of approximately 300 miles to a tank. When I filled up last week, it gave an estimate of 230 miles to the tank...huge drop! No changes in driving habits, weather, gas, etc. Has anybody else had this issue? Dealer says could take a week to diagnose, so thought I'd ask here first. TIA...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Normally when I fill up, I get an estimate of approximately 300 miles to a tank. When I filled up last week, it gave an estimate of 230 miles to the tank...huge drop! No changes in driving habits, weather, gas, etc. Has anybody else had this issue? Dealer says could take a week to diagnose, so thought I'd ask here first. TIA...
I track my mileage in fuelly. That seems to happen after a poor mileage tank and is not permanent (or predictive).

+1 on Fuelly.com
I've noticed as well that the DTE (Distance to Empty) depends a lot on what your last MPG reading was.

Peter

Did you happen to notice if your MPG reading was lower than on previous fill-ups? I'd just keep an eye on it for the next few weeks.

Peter

I reset the trip and mpg every time I get gas.

Back