• Register Today It's free!

Drum Brake Probs

ruzztec

Reaction score
City, State
McCreary County,KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT 4.0/99 XLT 4.0
I have been dirving with no rear left drum shoes for about 2 to 3 mounths, I am now sick of all the air that is in the brakes. I have assimbled the brake 7 times but can never get the cover to fit on. The cover is no the prob and the shoes are correct. I also have the shoes on the pin thingy. I dont know what to do and the brakes are just getting worse. The backing plate is bent. Here are some pics if you can see anything else wrone. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is the metal suppose to press on hte caliper on the left of the caliper?

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

O yea....the top pic is the right side, it is fine and fits perfect, the rest are the left side (driver side) it's the one giving probs

If that brake shroud is bent at a different angle than the axle you wont get the drum on. If it is bent you need to replace it. If the axle is bent I don't know how you are even driving on it. Replace the whole drum assembly and shroud, ie: everything from the axle tube out. Good luck.

na the axle is fine, but I will try to replace the whole drum assebmbly. Thanks!

The bent backing plate is causing the problems.

Back