DTC codes 113 and 335 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DTC codes 113 and 335

ricky001

Reaction score
I own a ford explorer xlt 1995 4.0 with 134,000 miles on it. Have been having hesitation and sluggish engine response when driving in the 40 to 55mph zone or going up hills, like the engine is losing power. After reading the forums I learned how to retrieve my koeo codes and retrived the following codes:

113 - IAT sensor is/was high or open - IAT

335 - EGR feedback signal is/was out of range - EVR or PFE

The outside air temp was below 50 F at the time so I think that is why I got the 113. (let me know if this is correct?)

Does the 335 code point to my problem with losing engine power? I am not losing anything between 0-35mph but after that symptoms occur especially when going up hills.

Can enyone point me in the right directio do not want to start changing things that don't need to be changed. I am leaning towards staring with changing the DPFE but would like to hear from others first.

Also car had plugs,wires,air filter,pcv valve, and fuel filter changed already.

I figured out the:

113 - IAT sensor is/was high or open - IAT

I made a stupid mistake not reconnecting the sensor after cleaning the MAP, good reason for the open code.

Still need some opinions on the 335 code.

I also just pulled the following dtc code from the KOEO test:

326 - Pressure Feedback EGR shows low pressure EGR not seating or not seating intermittantly - PFE

I realize this is my EGR system problem but would like to here from some of the people on this board more familiar with this system before I start to change anything out.

Back