dumb oil question...but | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dumb oil question...but

Yikes....

x100

sounds like a mistake i made with my old VW. In a haste to go home for spring break, i saw the car was running hot so i kept adding coolant, never once looking at the oil because after all, it just came from the shop...Well i did the ole "turn the heater on to help cool it down" trick...pretty soon the heater was blowing cold air and their went my engine :salute:

Indeed :thumbsup: Definitely much appreciated Rhino. I'm getting the filter and gasket today. I saw the refill tool, but i like your helpful hint as well...
I should be done by this after noon...And yeah, I will still change the oil as well...lol :D

No sweat, the pleasure is mine. This site is a 'pay as you go' system, from what I can tell. The smart folks here have probably saved me hundreds of dollars and untold hours of frustration in maintaining and repairing mine.

When you learn something about your Ex, you give back my helping the nest guy.

No sweat, the pleasure is mine. This site is a 'pay as you go' system, from what I can tell. The smart folks here have probably saved me hundreds of dollars and untold hours of frustration in maintaining and repairing mine.

When you learn something about your Ex, you give back my helping the nest guy.

:thumbsup: the deed is done. oil and filter changed and tranny fluid and filter changed...Trust me, where ever and whenever i can i will be giving back :thumbsup: the only part that sucked was getting the tranny fluid dumped in my face :mad: definitely lesson learned...lol

Back