Duralo Air Shocks?

1998Exp

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Seattle WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Limited V8 AWD
It's been around 30,000 miles since replacing the original rear air shocks in my '98 Limited with Monroes (I believe, sold branded as Motorcraft). Now the compressor is running longer and longer and occasionally (especially when there is more load on the rear), turning on the "Check Air Suspension" warning. Not entirely convinced yet, but these symptoms seem to point to the rear shocks losing air -- not a great accomplishment for those Monroes, compared with the 145,000 miles that the originals delivered. Moreover, Monroe does not make those anymore. A search brought up a DURALO brand that I never heard of. Anyone has used those? Or is there another option? Yes, I know, getting rid of the ARC for good is one., but besides that?

It's been around 30,000 miles since replacing the original rear air shocks in my '98 Limited with Monroes (I believe, sold branded as Motorcraft). Now the compressor is running longer and longer and occasionally (especially when there is more load on the rear), turning on the "Check Air Suspension" warning. Not entirely convinced yet, but these symptoms seem to point to the rear shocks losing air -- not a great accomplishment for those Monroes, compared with the 145,000 miles that the originals delivered. Moreover, Monroe does not make those anymore. A search brought up a DURALO brand that I never heard of. Anyone has used those? Or is there another option? Yes, I know, getting rid of the ARC for good is one., but besides that?
Bumping this, on the faint hope that someone knows this "Duralo" brand. Thanks!

Back