East Coast Halloween Run

nissanboy

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT 4.0 4x4
This is jsut a feeler out hrer right now.

How many of you would be interested in a run the last weekend in october at Crackers Neck/Calalante in Mountain City, TN. I would like to have anyone interested meet friday night and camp then wheel saturday and camp saturday night, leave sunday morning as you get ready.

Questions? Comments?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if you tell me a little about the place im already intrested.

It is a privately owned ORV park in the mountains along the border of NC/TN. The terrain is typical of any mountains in the area, mostly dark black dirt and granite rocks. Some trails run up old stream beds and what not. If you do a google search for Crackers Neck or Calalante I am sure you can come up with some pictures and whatnot.

yeah that Callalantee but we will be staying mostly in Crackers Neck, the trails are wider and and more suited to trucks. Callalantee is connected by the trails though and we will most likely run two of thier trails that are most suited to truck travel.

i just thought about this but if it wasnt on Halloween weekend i could go. i work at a drive-in and it is one of our three movie nights. i would go anyother weekend.

we can massage the date as more interest comes up

hmmm... the cast should be off by then so i can go i hope

you got a good co-pilot that can dirve if your still in the cast.

Well, what difficulty would you rate the trails? I currently just have a 2" susp. lift and 31s w/ stock L/S in the rear. Also, I am only 17(I'll be 18 by then) and even though I've wheeled a decent amount in the past year-year and a half (only been doing stuff that is at my level or a little above) I still don't have the experience most others have. I hope to be done with the SAS by then, but I'm really not sure yet...just gotta see how money is around that time. I'll most likely go if I have the SAS done, but not sure if I would with only the current setup. Let me know the difficulty of it (In your opinion) and I can hopefully give you a better answer. :)

EDIT: One more question...how much does it cost to get in? Thanks :)

well im 17 if that would bother anyone if i go by myself.

the trails are closing if i remember correctly. Someone bought the land.

ii talked to john... the owner. The trails will only be closed as the land the trail traverses is developed. Callalante is not closing however and the majority of the trails are in Callalante.

ah, ok.

count me out now all funds are going to a supercharger and other engine upgrades

supercharge??? making it so you have more power to bounce down the trail with? haha jk, thats gonna be sweet though.

Back