Easy Valve body Gasket Removal or any stuck gasket | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Easy Valve body Gasket Removal or any stuck gasket

catesrob

Reaction score
City, State
Texarkana, AR.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport trax
I have found the perfect gasket remover and would like to share it with everyone here. I hope everyone has a O'Reilly's auto parts store near you, if you don't maybe you can order online. Product made by VersaChem gasket remover part number 41008 it's in a green can with a white cap. Helped me with a 5R55E valve body gasket. Just spray on, wait about thirty minutes and it comes right off, no sanding. Make sure you don't get it on you, it will burn a little.:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I might have to pick up a can and keep it around.

It allways seems that the most time consuming part of doing waterpumps and intake manifold type job's is cleaning up the old gasket.

Did you have the delayed reverse problem?

Yes I have that problem. Looking at some of the post here seems that this is a common problem. Done some of the simple fixes but still I have the problem. Delayed reverse, delayed Drive, 2-3 flare, sometimes 1-2 flare.

Amazon does sell gasket remover but the one from O'Reilly's really works, I have tried some of the other ones in the past and they don't even compare to the stuff from O'reilly's. No scraping or sanding needed just wash off with water after about thirty mins or so.

Yes I have that problem. Looking at some of the post here seems that this is a common problem. Done some of the simple fixes but still I have the problem. Delayed reverse, delayed Drive, 2-3 flare, sometimes 1-2 flare.

My 02 V8 has the delayed reverse and up shift 2-3 studder.
I see others have also tried the easy stuff and still have the problem.

5R55S Transmission separator plate bonded gasket remover - the easy way. Tried various chemical removers with little or no success... instead I tried the YouTube boiling water approach, and they came off in essentially one piece after just a few minutes of soaking in boiling water. I had some TSP and had put a small amount of that in, but I think it is the boiling hot water that does the work. FYI

Back