ECU

Adeebah

Reaction score
City, State
Riyadh
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010, Explorer, high spec
Hello

I have a ford explorer 2010. A few months back there were lots of warning signals, fuel economy was really bad, and the fan was running really high and continuous. Car stopped working. The mechanics said it was the ECU and it needed replacement. Replaced it, but now 4 months later the AC is not working. Had it checked by the AC guys and they say it’s the ECU. Took it back to the guys who replaced it a few months back, they said nothing wrong with ECU, it’s the wiring and asked to do a rewiring. Did that and the AC is still not working.
I think it’s the ECU. Regas of the AC was done. Sometimes the AC works randomly but then only one side not both driver and passenger side.
I am considering buying a new/refurbished as I don’t think you get new ones, from the US(I am not in US) and would like to know, is it possible to install it myself.
As you can see I have little car knowledge and I’m a female.
Any advice please?
Thanks
Adeebah

If The AC still blows cold through one vent somewhere, then it is not an AC problem. It would be an issue with the various flapper door controllers that respond to control changes you make on your dash. Assuming you have automatic climate control, the computer is involved with that so a scanner should show error codes.

If The AC still blows cold through one vent somewhere, then it is not an AC problem. It would be an issue with the various flapper door controllers that respond to control changes you make on your dash. Assuming you have automatic climate control, the computer is involved with that so a scanner should show error codes.

Back