• Register Today It's free!

Eddie Bauer Questions

tryan

Reaction score
City, State
Greenwood, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Z28
I have been looking at eddie bauer explorers particularly 1995-1998 recently. I want to spend between $4,000-$6,000 but am weary of buying an SUV with high miles. How long will these trucks last? Is 150k miles way too many, and I'm just asking for trouble buying a truck with that many miles? I hate to be picky when I'm on a limited budget but I also don't want to buy a money pit. Thanks for your help guys and hopefully I'll be an owner of an EB in a few weeks.

Call your trusted mechanic and see if for a couple hundred bucks he will go through it with a fine toothcomb and give you a list of where things are at and what it might need.
It is the only way to objectively look at any used vehicle in my book then you can negotiate from a position of knowledge.
I hope you find what you want.

For that amount of money and wanting an Eddie Bauer model, you're probably not going to be able to find one with less then 100K miles. At that mileage, there are a number of problem areas that an Explorer can have. Transmission and ball joints are two major ones that come to mind.

It is an impossible question because for the years '95-'98, you are going to find three different engine options, and three different tranny options.

With ANY vehicle, there will be good ones, and there will be bad ones. Your best chance is to have it looked over by a trusted mechanic.

Back