Edges of body parts and paint... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Edges of body parts and paint...

JustAiks

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
The point of this thread isn't as provocative as the title may suggest. ;)

I've owned my '13 Limited in the Sterling Gray color scheme for about a month now. A few days back, I detailed it using my favorite brand of wax, Collinite 845... Twice.

What I have noticed is that the edges of certain surfaces, like two spots where both front passenger doors meet the front fenders are "rough". Same goes for a small section on the edge of the hood. Upon closer examination, the edges are painted, it is something rough underneath.

I'm not sure what to make of it but was wondering if anyone else has noticed imperfections similar to this while working on the exterior.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The point of this thread isn't as provocative as the title may suggest. ;)

I've owned my '13 Limited in the Sterling Gray color scheme for about a month now. A few days back, I detailed it using my favorite brand of wax, Collinite 845... Twice.

What I have noticed is that the edges of certain surfaces, like two spots where both front passenger doors meet the front fenders are "rough". Same goes for a small section on the edge of the hood. Upon closer examination, the edges are painted, it is something rough underneath.

I'm not sure what to make of it but was wondering if anyone else has noticed imperfections similar to this while working on the exterior.

Thanks!
I have somewhat the same issue with the rear passenger door. When it is open the curved edge just above the small window is rough.

Peter

Same exact spot on the front passenger door. Not sure what's up with that. Thanks, Peter!

Justin

I know this is a very old thread, but I have noticed the same thing on my two month old Explorer. It is rough in the space between the window and door handle on both the front driver and passenger door. At first I thought it just needed a good wash, but nothing has smoothed it out. Have many others seen this too?

I have this issue on many inner corners/edges. I would just say it's poor craftsmanship...

Back