• Register Today It's free!

eec-iv problems

rayamx69

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT
hey guys. I am having a eeciv code issue. Its not in my x but in a buddys bronco. Its an 86 5.0 efi. I keep getting a code 25 (knock sensor not detected). i did all system wiring checks and replaced the computer anh knock sensor. The code will not go away. I did a google search for code 25, and all i get is an explanation of "knock sensor not detected (ignore if not pinging)" Its pretty hard to ignore that stupid orange light shining me in the face. Anyone got any ideas? All info is appreciated. Thanks.

The only time I've seen a 25 was from the KOER test on my BII. I didn't give it a big enough "goose" for the "goose" test. If you're getting a 25 from the KOER test, make sure you are goosing the throttle at least 3/4.

Thanks for the reply/ im goosing it full throttle in the koer test. i looked at a mitchell troubleshooter and did all of the tests that they said to do, and they said to replace the computer. so i put another reman computer in it, and it didnt even start. the new computer had no injctor pulse. So i figured maybe something came unplugged somewhere. everything checked out ok. I put the other computer back in and it fired right up. So im thinking there might be a quality problem with these reman computers.

Back