EGR Vacuum Line Assembly | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EGR Vacuum Line Assembly

Conniption

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
1995 Explorer XLT - Looking to buy a replacement vacuum line assembly that attaches to the EGR valve and elsewhere. The "green" actuator line to the EGR valve broke clean through. I suspect the associated lines are old and brittle so would like to replace all.

I cannot find a part number for this assembly that has the vacuum lines and nipples at the ends.

Anyone have a part number for this?

Thanks.

you can always replace them with rubber lines and not the plastic lines if i am not wrong

I'd suspect those lines are obsolete from the factory.

Like Vroom says, you'll need to fabricate the vacuum lines
on your own, out of rubber or plastic.

Used some tyvek shrink tube and electrical tape for a quick fix (about 1.3¢ worth of material) to patch the broken tube. Returned to the same shop for a re-try at the smog test. Here are the before and after NOx values:

With broken tube:
M1: 15mph 734ppm
M2: 25mph 705ppm

With patched tube:
M1: 15mph 125ppm
M2: 25mph 222ppm

Max Allowable:
M1: 15mph 346ppm
M2: 25mph 523ppm

This is the 6-cylinder with 325k miles on the vehicle without rebuild on the engine - I have rebuilt the transmission twice. Change oil every 3000 miles, tune engine every 75-100k miles. Began as my wife's kid hauler, became a college student's party wagon, and now totes golf clubs or makes an occasional fishing trip. I suspect it will be still running through the end of the next ice age.

Back