• Register Today It's free!

egr valve code insufficient flow

48prerunner

Reaction score
City, State
montgomery ny
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 xlt
I had code checked insufficient flow of egr. I have a 97 mountaineer with 5.0. from what ive read i dont have a DPFE sensor? So could it be egr valve has carbon build up?
I have a few questions to get to it I need to take off the elbow on the intake correct? I read somewhere that it has coolant flowing through it? I dont see why but does anybody know for sure?

Any other ideas on what it could be i figure if i hook vacuum to the egr valve and it stalls on idle then it has flow.

I had code checked insufficient flow of egr. I have a 97 mountaineer with 5.0. from what ive read i dont have a DPFE sensor? So could it be egr valve has carbon build up?
I have a few questions to get to it I need to take off the elbow on the intake correct? I read somewhere that it has coolant flowing through it? I dont see why but does anybody know for sure?

Any other ideas on what it could be i figure if i hook vacuum to the egr valve and it stalls on idle then it has flow.
I believe the 97 has a dpfe (going by the service manual). Do you have a tube going to the EGR?

I recently had a p0402 and it was the dpfe. You can check DPFE voltage at idle, if it is over 1 volt or less than .5 get your credit card out.

I believe the 97 has a dpfe (going by the service manual). Do you have a tube going to the EGR?

I recently had a p0402 and it was the dpfe. You can check DPFE voltage at idle, if it is over 1 volt or less than .5 get your credit card out.

no tube its the one that bolts to the intake so maybe its an early 97? i need to take off the elbow behind the throttle to get at it and dont know if that part has coolant in it or not

Back