• Register Today It's free!

Electrical Problem

cascars

Reaction score
City, State
Tonbridge, Kent
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 4.0 V6 Auto
I have a 97 Explorer and recently the interior lights stopped working followed by the electric windows and sunroof. I have checked the fuses which are ok, but am stumped as to what could be the problem. Any ideas?

same thing happened to me last year. have you left the windows open in the rain or anything like that? my sister did that to the truck before she gave it to me. it created a short in the window circuit for me and led to my GEM getting fried. 1500 bucks later runs like new :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So for awhile my windows acted a lil screwy. What would happen is all my windows wouldnt work and i found that opening the drivers door and closeing it again fixed the problem for a little bit but it would happen again later that day or the next. It has progressivly gotten worse. Today I took apart that junction box in the doorjam, didnt really do anything, and then i found that if i moved that wiring harness the right way it would make them work again until i let go of the harness, and now i cant get them to work no matter what i try to do, open and close the door, move the harness around and play with the j-box (junction box). please help!!!!

Back