• Register Today It's free!

Electrical Problems

04Limited

Reaction score
City, State
Adamsville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Limited
I have 04 Limited 4.6L. Recently, it has been blowing the fuse for the power doorlocks, drivers seat, keypad, etc. I did the wire check and found one broken wire. I'm still getting a blown fuse and recently, only once, it shut down when driving through town at 35mph.

Is there anything else I should try before taking to the dealer?

thanks in advance,

Welcome to the forum! :salute:

I would recommend going back in and checking for more broken/damaged wire(s) in the boot. Sometimes they are very difficult to find. When you think you are done looking, look again. A bright flashlight can make it easier.

i am having the same problem. every so often the fuse will pop and then be fine for a couple of days and then pop again.

i am having the same problem. every so often the fuse will pop and then be fine for a couple of days and then pop again.

Welcome aboard!! :salute:

I had similar electrical issues with my 02 xlt. The dome lights would stay on until the battery saver feature turned them off, the driver side puddle light didn't work, the keypad on the door would set off the alarm when I pressed it, the door ajar light would flash and beep at highway speeds, the radio would shut off as soon as I turned the key off, etc. Most recently all 4 windows stopped working.

A lot of electrical issues can be traced back to broken/damaged wire(s) in the boot between the body and the driver's door. I found 2 broken wires and repaired them. The thin black ground wire was broken and after repairing it all was back to normal. When the windows stopped working, I repaired the thick black ground wire and the windows now work like a champ.

Here is the thread for removing the door panel: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=303524

Here is a great thread for checking for broken/damaged wires, thanks to synyster for this awesome write-up: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=270081

Be sure to take your time when looking for broken/damaged wire(s). Check all the wires for breaks/damage. When you think you're done looking, look again, and again, and again. A bright flashlight can be very helpful.

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted! :biggthump

Back