• Register Today It's free!

Electrical question

gary55

Reaction score
City, State
Delta B.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hi,looking for help. I have a 99 Eddie Bauer. Runs great but has electrical quirks. First started with the remote control key fobs quitting. It progressed (intermittently working then quitting altogether) to the CD player, power seats and finally (so far) the power windows. Is there a CPU that might control all these I could replace.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site.

I would chance to say you have a bad/dirty ground(s) somewhere. Dirty/corroded connections can be culprits too.

Do you have any water leaks in the cabin?

Hi,looking for help. I have a 99 Eddie Bauer. Runs great but has electrical quirks. First started with the remote control key fobs quitting. It progressed (intermittently working then quitting altogether) to the CD player, power seats and finally (so far) the power windows. Is there a CPU that might control all these I could replace.
1. The GEM module controls,
the driver seat if you have the memory option.
The power window. But it could be a broken wire in hardness between the door and the jam.
The security system is located by driver side rear door, in the cargo area. That could be a ground.
The key fobs could be old batteries.
The CD player? Is it in the radio or in the console?
It could be a ground.
How many miles on the car?
Do you have the body grounds under each front doors to the frame? There approx 40 grounds.
I don't have a wiring diagram for your vehicle.

If these things failed one at a time, there is no reason to expect a central cause rather than just tackling each at a time, most important one first. There are wiring diagrams linked below in my sig, the Helms are for a '99.

Thank you very much for the replies. The vehicle is in Mexico close to the shore so it could be grounds.200K miles on it. Time to start tinkering

Back