Elite Registry: jimbo74 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Elite Registry: jimbo74

Well, I guess I have never made a registry for my ExplrCnvrtbl... But she is dead now.. So it is time I make one... Bring Into picture... 1985 Toyota Pickup Truck 4x2 1985 22R Manual 5 Speed 2WD 8" rear, 30 spline with 3.07 gear (most 4x2s had the 7.5" 27 spline, but I got a stronger oddball diff in the 4x2 that is the same as the 4x4 diff except the 4x4 has 6 lug axles and not 5 lug like the 4x2)

Marlin Crawler 1600# Conventional Clutch
Fabtech 4" lift spindles
Prototype www.sdori.com 4x2 Balljoint Spacers
Performance Acc 2" lift rear shackles, 3" bodylift
4Crawler Steering extension, Radiator Drop, Driver's seat lift
Giant Air Cleaner mod (sometimes)
clear turns
Hella 500 knock-offs ($30 from PepBoys) on bumper
ext breather to behind the tail light
SR5 bucket seats
Grant GT steering wheel
Cobra 41 Plus CB radio
Front tow hooks
no toyota emblems
1989 torsion bar anchor arms (boxed in design)
1983 SR5 4x4 Bobbed Bed
31" bfg muds/ats
Russell Speed Bleeders
Front Brembo OEM Rotors
Raybestos PG Plus Noise Solution Pads, rear shoes, rear drums
Pro-Comp Extended SS brake lines, Add-A-Leaf Kit, ES3000 Rear Shocks
#90341-18021 drainplugs
#12157-10010 crush washers

4019grantgt.jpg

4019cbradio-med.jpg

4019seats1.jpg

4019Pic00020-med.jpg
4019Pic00019-med.jpg
4019after-med.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice truck even if it isnt an Xploder :p

are those explorer wheels? haha that thing is CLEAN man. Clean for an 84.

I don't think there's a clean spot on that truck :p

Nice for offroading I bet though.

You had a convertible explorer? How'd she die?

Creager said:
are those explorer wheels? haha that thing is CLEAN man. Clean for an 84.
Look like EX sawblades, are they?
That Yota actually has a CARBURATOR, I miss them

spindlecone said:
That Yota actually has a CARBURATOR, I miss them

a what? haha ;) Very nice truck!

-Drew

well, here is a sad update, a couple weeks ago, i got rearended again! by an 2001 f150 supercrew lowered and on 20s with a young kid driver.. he was going abotu twice the limit and was unable t ostop before plowing into me... it jacked up the back end of my truck pretty bad... bent the bolts holding the bed on also... broke a window, my driver's seat doesn't work right anymore, the rear view mirror snapped off from the force, and the left side leaf spring folded itself backwards and bent up.... it was driveable though.... the lights lens were toast, but the lights still work, the bed floor is pushed up halfway up the tailgate and the gate no longer can open... i tossed on some of that red translucent tape and all works again......

and as far as taking that guy to court, still waiting on what the insurance companies say....

he was going straight in the rightmost lane, i made a right turn onto the straight section he was on, realizing he was pretty far back, made my turn into the right lane, and kept accelerating, put on my signal, changed lanes to the left lane, was htere for a few seconds now doing about 40 mph then was slammed into... i was about 100 feet from the intersection at least by that point

i am not an expert, but i judge him to have been doing about 70 to hit me as hard as he did and not see my truck and be able to react.....

not sure how his insurance is going to call fault.... my insurance has tried contacting his and left several messages, but they have not returned his calls

4019rc1-med.jpg

4019rc5-med.jpg

4019rc3-med.jpg

4019Picture_6-med.jpg

more carnage pics: http://www.explorerforum.com/data/showgallery.php?cat=3443

Damn, sorry to hear that. Gald the gas tank did not rupture. Hope you did not get banged up to bad.

Got any pics of the carnage, Jim?

man that really does suck, well now get a flat bed, and lift it somemore with bigger meats(cough cough 40's! cough) ;) and get yourself a heavy duty rear bumper just incase this happens again

Take that jackass to court!

40197.jpg
here is my new balljoint spacer... still prototype though, the company that made it has't yet released it to the public for sale..... thats why i am posting only one picture of it and no writeup yet

that company is SDORI www.sdori.com they do yota stuff mainy, but will and can do other applications if there is a market

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=63341

is a writeup on another board I belong to about my balljoint spacers... I don't think you need to be registered to view the thread

That sucks! Still you have a really nice truck. I have and always will love toyota trucks.

WOW! you're truck took a hit from a supercrew at 70mph and is still drivable and doesn't look too bad for wear either.

i have never heard of balljoint spacers before.. from what i gathered in your other thread's write up and pictures it seems it would get more travel from having the upper arm at less of an angle at full droop and i guess some more lift from what you said jim. is there anything else they do for you and how do you like them?

bigdave!!! my truck is a toyota and the upper ball joint is different than that of an explorer.....

exactly, i was wondering what else they would serve a purpose for since i have neither seen nor heard of them.

it was designed by a company called sdori they are based out of san diego, ca... they specialize in making hte spacers for both 4x4 and now 4x2 toyotas as i helped them design the 4x2 ones... they allow an extra 1.5" between the balljoint and the upper control arm... geometry slightly changes and i know have to correct camber issues, but i gained a little bit over an inch in ride height... also, with the ifs, i know can droop the tire another 1.5" lower than stock... anotehr advantage is that it allows the tire when compressed to have another 1.5" of clearance before hitting the body.....

check out www.sdori.com for info on what the spacers are/do

looking good, you need body gap guards though. Do you have more plans for it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

gapguards arent really a big deal to me.... its pretty much going to stay the way it is.... im going to get a locker and differnt gears for it soon, maybe some bigger tires, but its pretty much going to stay the way it is until i do an SAS and 4x4 conversion to it...

it will be getting a rear bumper/trailer hitch crossmeber type thing though

Back