Engine lack off power 60kph top speed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine lack off power 60kph top speed

glenn_a

Reaction score
City, State
Sydney
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Hi, Just wondering if anyone out there could help me... I have a FRIEND and need a help for his 1998 Ford Explorer SOHC which lacking of power, he say's he replaced AIR FLOW METER + SPARK PLUGS + FUEL PUMP + FUEL FILTER + CRANK ANGLE SENSOR + CHECKED EXHAUST SYSTEM + CHECKED TRANSMISSION & still hard starting from first time and lacking power when he drove it and top speed only 60kph...
NO ERROR CODE on the SCANNER...

please help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check for blocked catalytic converters.

Fuel would be all thats left. Check the pressure at the rail on startup , idle and 2000 rpms

If he replaced the fuel pump and filter, it might have a clogged fuel line. Does it have a fuel pressure port?

what year did the FPR move to inside the fuel tank? I believe in 1998 it was still on the fuel rail. worth checking.

If he replaced the fuel pump and filter, it might have a clogged fuel line. Does it have a fuel pressure port?

he say's that the first thing he checked and replaced fuel filter andthe pump and the pressure is all good never drop...

he was thinking maybe its the transmission problem before, when he had this problem the car only runs around 25-30kph and it backfires plus hard starting...
but then he started replacing the fuel pump and filter and so on then it went a little better so now we think it not the transmission....

Back