Engine Mount bolts for TM header install | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine Mount bolts for TM header install

fordsRfun

Reaction score
City, State
hailey, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 awd v8 xlt
Finally starting my TM and phenolic spacer install!!!
Top mount bolts: I know where they are, and how to do it, granted it is a bit of a PITA.
Bottom mount bolts: Found them, loosened them, jacked motor up, NOT ENOUGH CLEARANCE to get the header in. Am i missing something? Trying to avoid the top mount bolts if possible.

I used crows feet which made getting at the header bolts much easier.

Finally starting my TM and phenolic spacer install!!!
Top mount bolts: I know where they are, and how to do it, granted it is a bit of a PITA.
Bottom mount bolts: Found them, loosened them, jacked motor up, NOT ENOUGH CLEARANCE to get the header in. Am i missing something? Trying to avoid the top mount bolts if possible.

Resolved, now I have a new problem. The exhaust is in the way not allowing my headers to line up with the block (I need about 1/4inch more room). Additionally, I have only been able to re-tighten the front engine mount bolt. I am hoping that when I resolve the exhaust issue I will have a bit more wiggle room to access the second motor mount bolt.
Anyone else run into this and if so, how was the issue remedied? Can you tell that I am not a mechanic:)

Back